Saturday, August 28, 2010

Multi-Gifting Feature?!?!?

Share
I had some time to check out the new multi-gifting feature which is in the Beta testing phase. To get to it, click on "Inventory" and then "Gifting"
It will appear st the bottom of your gifting page.
Select a gift, click open the drop box, select the number you want to send, search for the person(s) you want to gift, then click "Send". In the following example. I sent 10 Treasure Chests to my main account.
When I logged into my main account, the messages from my Home and Inventory pages notified me that I received 10 Treasure Chests.
I took screen shots from my Inventory before and after and the numbers matched up.
I then wanted to see how long it would take to send a larger quantity of items. I decided to send myself something more useful than a Treasure Chest and chose Bulletproof Glass.
I had to reset the drop bar to 10, scroll to find my name, check my name, and click send each time. It was very time consuming to send them all. It has been recommended that this number be increased. If it stays at 10, it won't be an effective trading tool. When I logged into my main account this is what my Inventory page looked like.
Again, the numbers in my inventory matched so items don't appear to be missing from using this feature.
Although the multi-gifting program won't help facilitate bulk trading if it stays the way it is, it will help you dump the loot you don't want anymore. I hated to do this to my mafia but I got rid of all my Brass Knuckles in just a few clicks. I had 130 to dump so I adjusted the drop bar to 10, selected 13 mafia members, clicked send and they were all gone. Rather than irritate 130 people for sending them 1 Pair of Brass Knuckles, I really pissed off 13 people for sending them 10. My bad.
If the number of gifts we can send at a time increases and the gifting delays decrease, I think we will all be much happier with the gifting system as a whole.

5 comments:

  1. about time they set something up to give multiple gifts. this is cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice now they need to make gifting available in farmville

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still MISSING that GIFT COUNTER FEATURE. So how do I get that part of the FEATURE so I can do the same thing you did...MULTI-GIFT SEND. Is there a DOWNLOAD or did I miss something here??? I don't have OUTLOOK so I'm commenting about it hoping someone will tell me the rest of the procedure. Thanks a lot!!! My e-mail is damethatsgame@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It didn't appear on mine either.... I don't have the multie gifting thing either :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. For now, neither by me appeared this option, but if it is only presented as an idea, I like it ....and I would like to convene...

    ReplyDelete